Can You Put Marinated Meat In An Air Fryer? (read this first)
The short answer is yes, you can put marinated meat in an air fryer. For more details on how to cook marinated steak and marinated chicken in the air fryer, keep reading.
If you already cook marinated steak or marinated chicken in a conventional oven, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how much more convenient it is in an air fryer.
How To Cook Marinated Steak In An Air Fryer
We’re convinced this recipe will have you coming back for more.
- Fillet Steak
- 8 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- Place the steak fillet in a resealable sandwich bag
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, rosemary and olive oil
- Squeeze all of the air from the bag, then seal the bag and massage all of the ingredients into the steak
- Place the sealed bag into the fridge and leave for at least 2 hours (overnight is best)
- Remove the sealed bag from the fridge and allow to reach room temperature for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Then place the marinated steak into the air fryer basket
- Cook for 5 minutes at 200 C (400 F)
- Turn the steak over and cook for a further;
- 2 minutes for rare
- 4 minutes for medium
- 6 minutes for well done
- Remove from the basket and allow to rest for 4 to 5 minutes
How To Cook Marinated Chicken In An Air Fryer
This marinated chicken is a perfect tasty treat for any time of year, but it’s particularly nice in Summertime.
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a bowl and add the lemon zest
- Mix all of the other ingredients apart from the chicken
- Place the chicken in a resealable sandwich bag
- Pour the marinade into the sandwich bag
- Squeeze the air from the bag and seal
- Massage the marinade into the chicken
- Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours (it’s best left to marinate overnight)
- Preheat the air fryer to 195 C (390 F)
- Spray the basket lightly with oil
- Arrange the marinated chicken breasts in the basket ensuring there is space around each piece
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes or check that the internal temperature gets to 74 C (165 F) using a meat thermometer
- Serve and enjoy
Ways To Save On Washing Up
Using a marinade in an air fryer is always going to create some mess. Air fryers are notoriously easy to clean and usually only need to be washed using warm soapy water.
However, marinades do have a tendency to get burnt on and stick fast to the air fryer basket. There are several ways to prevent this which include;
Using A Disposable Paper Liner
- 🍖HEALTHY AND RELIABLE QUALITY - Our air fryer accessories is made of food-grade double-sided silicone oil paper, which has good heat resistance, waterproof, oil-proof, and non-stick. It will not affect the taste of food, ensuring the original taste of the food itself.
You can find disposable air fryer liners to fit almost every air fryer basket. They are made from reinforced baking paper and fit into the basket.
The food is then placed in the liner which prevents any juices, grease, fat, crumbs or in this case marinade leaking into the air fryer basket and beyond.
Once the food is cooked the liner can either be disposed of in the general waste or in some areas, they can be recycled (check with your local authority).
Using A Silicone Liner
- 🍲【Size and Material 】 Our 2pcs air fryer liners size is 7.6 x 4.9 x 2.7 inches for Ninja Air Fryer Accessories. Air fryer accessories is make of 100% food grade silicone, you can enjoy freshly baked delicious food with confidence. Our airfryer silicone liners can withstand temperatures up to 450°F.
These silicone air fryer basket liners work in the same way as the disposable paper liners except they can be washed and reused over and over again.
They are made from food grade silicone and are non-stick, non-toxic, waterproof, grease proof and environmentally friendly.
- Can You Put Burgers In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Oven Safe Dishes In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Aluminum Foil In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cook marinated meat in an air fryer, marinated chicken breasts take around 20 minutes and marinated steaks take around 10 to 12 minutes.
The best way to prevent the air fryer basket from getting covered in marinade is to place the marinated meat into either a disposable air fryer liner or a reusable silicone air fryer liner.
You should marinate steak for at least 2 hours before cooking; however, marinating overnight is best.
It is not recommended that you reuse a marinade a second time. This is because any pathogens or bacteria that were present in the first lot of meat could have grown and become stronger in the bag. This will then be passed onto the fresh meat.