Best Freeview Box 2024
Freeview is the Uk’s easy access free-to-air digital terrestrial TV service. With over 80 channels and no subscription fees, Freeview is the most popular way to access TV in the UK. Many new TVs sold in the UK now have Freeview receivers integrated into the TV.
If yours doesn’t, and you would like to join the millions of people throughout Great Britain who are enjoying the benefits of Freeview, then you will need to make a one-off purchase for a Freeview box.
Best Selling Freeview Boxes UK
- ENJOY 150 Digital TV Freeview Channels FULL HD 1080p High Definition Channels
- Receives ALL FULL HD Channels with any TV by SCART or HDMI Connections Choice, Just Simply Connect your existing Roof Or Indoor Aerial/Antenna. Built in WiFi 2021 Software✅USB Record, You can Connect your Oldest Scart TV as well and Access to Online Platform
- USB STICK NOT INCLUDED, if you wish to use to record function, you must use a USB stick which needs to be purchased seperately.
- PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE GOOD SIGNAL, THIS BOX WILL NOT FIX THE ISSUE. If your current reception is freezing or has signal issues, this box will not fix this problem.
- HD VIDEO: Delivering full HD 1080p quality, connect to your existing roof or indoor aerial/antenna (antenna not included).
- Compatible With All TVs Receives More Than 120 Channels (Depends On Signal Strength of Aerial) Including HD Channels Recorder Feature & Instant Playback Pause live TV ( USB Storage Required) HDMI or Scart to TV Play your own Music, Video or View Picture by USB Port Easy to Set up AND Easy to Use
- Parental Lock Maximum Compatible USB memory stick size : 32GB or External Hard Drives up to 1TB in size can be used for recording onto. Fully comply with DVB-T2 and H.264,H.265 MPEG-4, MPEG-2 Standard HDMI port + Scart port + USB port The maximum speed of the traffic flow of at least 50 MB / Sec Support PVR Recorder function and multimedia playback (MP3/MP4/JPEG/AVI etc) via USB2.0
What Are The Advantages Of A Freeview Box?
Owning a Freeview box gives you the choice of over 70 free-to-air channels, plus around 15 HD channels along with over 30 radio stations. All with free access, the only charge you will encounter, is the initial cost of the Freeview box.
Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Unlike other TV receivers, Freeview’s EPG is incredibly user friendly. It allows you to plan viewing up to 7 days in advance, record single episodes or series,of your choice of children’s programs, documentaries, dramas and much more.
Freeview Live, Pause, Rewind, Record And Playback Feature
Such a useful feature, live, pause, rewind, and playback means you’ll never miss the action again. You know how it is, you’re watching a football match, and you look away for a second, and something happens, a goal, penalty, whatever, you can just rewind and see what you missed.
Large Channel Choice On Freeview
With over 70 channels, over 30 radio stations, and over 15 HD channels to choose from there’s always something to watch on Freeview.
Freeview’s Plus One Service
Many of the popular channels have a +1 on Freeview. If you missed the beginning of your favourite soap, you can switch to +1 and watch it from the start.
No Hidden Costs
After the initial cost of the Freeview box, there is nothing to pay(except for a TV licence). No monthly subscriptions, or pay-per-view services just turn on and watch.
Access To On Demand Services
On demand or i-player type services are available on Freeview via the internet. You will need a broadband connection, either WiFi or Ethernet and you can access the on demand service at once.
Easy To Use
Once you get the hang of the EPG, Freeview is so simple to use. Literally scroll and click. For every function, record a program, watch a program, even set a reminder for a program that’s on later in the week, just scroll along to find the program, and click to set up the function and forget it. The freeview box will do all that you have programmed it to do.
Record One Channel Whilst Watching Another
This function allows you to record the cooking program on ITV whilst watching a film on film 4. With no loss of quality at all.
What Are The Disadvantages Of A Freeview Box
There are a few points against a Freeview box, if you are a big sports fan for example, Freeview is probably not the best fit for you. Although it does have a few sports radio channels,if you want to actually watch live sporting events, you’re going to have to get a subscription service. Compared to Sky, Freeview has a limited number of channels. Although, in all fairness there is a good mix of free-to -air and digital channels available on Freeview.
Freeview Box Buyers Guide
Here are a few points to consider before rushing out to buy a freeview box.
Do You Need A Freeview Box?
Many modern TVs (most models since 2010) have Freeview integrated into their system. So it’s possible all you need to do is turn on the TV, and you could already have Freeview.
If setting up a bunch of recordings while you’re busy doing other things is important to you, then you’ll need to buy a Freeview box with this facility installed. The record and rewind etc, function tends to be on the higher priced models. Check before you buy.
Check for the sound quality of the Freeview box you are considering to buy. Most now have Dolby Digital 5.1 but it’s worth checking to be sure.
If you have an old TV that still connects via a SCART cable, ensure that the Freeview box supports this older system. Many Freeview boxes need HDMI cables.
Many of the original Freeview boxes only have memory capacities of 500GB, this will fill up pretty quickly. Once full, no recording can take place. Look for models with at least 1TB of memory, or more if possible.
How Much Does A Freeview Box Cost?
Basic Freeview boxes start at around £20 many of which are HD ready, and have some memory capabilities.They rise in price to around £120 these models have many extra features, including extra memory.
Frequently Asked Questions
You do need an aerial for a Freeview box. Rooftop aerials are best, but in some cases small, in room aerials can work (but not as good).
Some Freeview boxes record, look for Freeview HD or Freeview play recorder.
You can watch Netflix on Freeview, Netflix is an auto-loaded app on the Freeview streaming service in most cases.
You do need a TV licence to watch any TV in the UK, but apart from the initial cost of the Freeview box and your TV licence fee, there are no other costs for Freeview.