Can You Put Frozen Fish In An Air Fryer? (read this first)
You can cook frozen fish in an air fryer and it couldn’t be easier. We all have those days where time runs away with us and it’s teatime before you know it.
You’re then left looking for a quick easy meal to cook before it gets too late to eat. Instead of grabbing a frozen pizza, how about a healthy fish fillet cooked to perfection in under 15 minutes?
Why Cook Frozen Fish In An Air Fryer?
There are several reasons why you should cook your frozen fish in an air fryer. These include;
- Consistently perfect results
Once you get to know the timings for your particular air fryer, you’ll get perfect results time after time.
- Healthy way to fry fish
As air frying requires little or no oil, it’s a healthy way to cook your frozen fish.
- Fast and convenient
This easy to follow and easy to cook recipe takes less than 15 minutes from freezer to plate.
- It saves energy
Unlike cooking frozen fish in a conventional oven, you only heat a small area when cooking in an air fryer. This uses way less energy. Which makes it environmentally friendly and saves you money too.
- Less mess and fuss
All you need to clean is the air fryer basket, and this can be done in warm soapy water. This can be made even easier if you were to use air fryer paper liners. These reinforced parchment paper liners fit into the basket of the air fryer to prevent any oil, grease, seasoning etc from spilling into the air fryer. After the food is cooked, these liners can be disposed of either in the general waste or recycling bin (check with your local council).
.How To Cook Frozen Fish In An Air Fryer
This is the simplest, most convenient way to cook frozen fish in an air fryer.
- 2 frozen fish fillets
- Olive oil
- Seasoning (garlic powder, paprika, chilli flakes, salt, pepper, etc)
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 C (400 F)
- Combine the spices, olive oil and seasoning
- Brush the frozen fish fillets with olive oil/seasoning mixture
- Place the fish fillets in the air fryer basket
- Air fry for 8 to 10 minutes
- Check the temperature using a meat thermometer, as the internal temperature needs to be at least 63 C (145 F)
- If you don’t have a meat thermometer, press a fork onto the top of the fish, if it flakes away, it is cooked
- If not cook for a further 1 minute and recheck
How To Ensure perfect Results Every Time
If you follow these simple tips, you’ll get perfect results time after time.
- Choose frozen fish fillets of roughly equal size
To ensure that the fish fillets cook at the same time, you should always choose 2 pieces of roughly the same size.
- Ensure the air fryer is preheated
To ensure the pieces of frozen fish are thoroughly cooked without being overcooked, you should always preheat the air fryer first.
- Ensure there’s a gap between each piece of fish
To ensure the fish is cooked all over, you need to allow air to circulate freely. This means allowing a gap between each piece of fish when it’s placed in the air fryer basket.
- Save on washing up by using an air fryer paper liner
Using an air fryer to cook your frozen fish cuts down on the amount of washing up required. To reduce it even more, consider using an air fryer paper liner. Air fryer paper liners prevent any oils, grease, crumbs etc from soiling the air fryer basket.
- Can You Put Battered Fish In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Breaded Chicken In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Broccoli In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
It will take between 10 to 15 minutes to cook frozen fish in an air fryer, depending on the size and thickness of the fish and the make and model of your air fryer.
You don’t have to thaw fish fillets before air frying them. The frozen fish fillets can be cooked from frozen and will take anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes to cook.
Depending on the size and thickness of the frozen cod fillets and the make and model of your air fryer, it will take between 10 to 15 minutes to air fry them.
You do need to preheat an air fryer before cooking frozen fish to ensure an even cooking temperature.
Fish cooked in an air fryer is far healthier than fish fried on a hob because to air fry fish takes little to no oil.