Best Vegetable Chopper (2023 UK Review)
We all have busy lives, and so anything that can ease our daily workload is a good idea. That old saying “Time Is Of The Essence” has never been more appropriate than now. We are also very aware that there are not enough hours in the day so anything that saves us time is a bonus too.
With all the pressures and strains of modern life, it can be difficult to provide healthy, nutritious food for our families in the time we have in the kitchen. One tool that can definitely save time in the kitchen and provide us with healthy food is a vegetable chopper. Vegetable choppers can make chopping and preparing vegetables take seconds instead of the usual time consuming chore.
Using a vegetable chopper will revolutionise the way you use vegetables, you will find you and your family will be eating more vitamin packed vegetables than ever before.
This Months Popular Vegetable Choppers
Here’s the bestselling Vegetable Choppers this month:
- ✔【𝗦𝗨𝗣𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗣, 𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗧…
- ✔【PREMIUM 14-IN-1 KITCHEN ACCESSORIES】–Cut Your Produce Like a Pro With Our Newest…
- ✔【EASY TO CLEAN + WARM REMINDER】– The blade is easy to disassemble, and it is…
- ✔【IMPROVES YOUR HEALTH AND SAVES TIME】– Multifunctional vegetable chopper, which can…
- 4 interchangeable blades let you julienne, chop and slice vegetables with ease. Built-in chop…
- Rust resistant heavy-duty 420 stainless steel retains razor sharpness for crisp, smooth cutting…
- Soft grip handle with rubberized TPU enhances leverage while the non-skid base ensures…
- BPA Free. This compact kitchen chopper measures just 27 x 12 x 11.3 cm (L x H x W). It can be…
- 【SUPERIOR QUALITY】 – The latest multifunctional vegetable chopper and slicer chop, dice,…
- 【8 INTERCHANGEABLE BLADES】- Vegetable Chopper Slicer contains 8 different sizes of fruit…
- 【INNOVATIVE DESIGN】- Free up countertop space with food containers. The built-in cutting…
- 【IMPROVES YOUR HEALTH AND SAVES TIME】- Chopping, mincing and slicing ingredients for…
- 🥒【Improved Safe Chopper】The old Chopper not easy to clean ,but this new chopper add…
- 🍅【Premium Quality】Vegetable Cutter help shorten your time ,undoubtedly improve your…
- 🥔【Chopper with 8 Diverse Blades】Food Chopper of Ideal for licing , julienne, grating &…
- 🍆【Saves Time and Improves Your Health】Save a lot of time in busy work life with Food…
- Great Value & Quality – The Fullstar vegetable chopper is the affordable veggie slicer that…
- 6 Extra Sharp Blades – Looking for a potato slicer, tomato slicer, onion cutter, and more? This…
- Strong, Durable Build – Made with extra hard ABS plastic, this vegetable chopper with container…
- Attractive Design – Forget about green and gray. Just like the rest of our best selling veggie…
Which Type Of Food/Vegetable Chopper Should I Buy?
There are a number of different options when it comes to vegetable choppers, with the 2 main types being manual models which can chop your vegetables into small, neat pieces in a really short time. Or the electric models which have the ability to chop, mince, dice, blend and mix almost everything you can eat. Including meat, fish, vegetables, purees and sauces. These models tend to be like food processors, only smaller so they leave your kitchen with more space.
Then there are those food choppers that fall in between the two. This means however much help you need or want in your kitchen, there will be a vegetable chopper to suit you and your family.
Advantages Of A Vegetable Chopper
There are a number of advantages of owning a vegetable chopper, they include;
- Saves Time
Using a vegetable chopper will save you time as you just place the vegetables in the chopper and the vegetable chopper cuts the vegetables in seconds.
- Reduces Food Waste
You will find that using a vegetable chopper allows you to use more of the vegetable. This means you waste less food by using more.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
As you can now chop vegetables faster and easier, you will reduce the amount of waste you produce in your kitchen. Which reduces your environmental damage, resulting in you reducing your carbon footprint.
- Saves Money On Food
As you can now successfully chop vegetables into the correct size for many recipes, you will find that you need to use less vegetables to achieve that desired shape and size. Which means your vegetables will go further. Saving you money in the process.
- Easy To Use
Once you get used to using a vegetable chopper, whether it’s an electric model or a hand operated model, you will find it is so easy to use, you’ll wonder how you ever got by without one.
- Safer To Use
Every cook has cut themselves with a knife at some time or another. Especially when chopping hard vegetables, using a vegetable chopper means never having to use a knife to chop vegetables again. There is no need to struggle chopping hard root vegetables like swedes, carrots or parsnips. And no need to ensure your fingers are out of the way when cutting avocados and other soft fruits and vegetables.
- Easy To Clean
Most vegetable choppers can be washed in a dishwasher which makes them super easy to clean. If you don’t have a dishwasher, or the vegetable chopper you purchase cannot be washed in a dishwasher, all vegetable choppers only require warm soapy water to clean.
Disadvantages Of A Vegetable Chopper
There are also a number of disadvantages in using a vegetable chopper these include;
- Manual Models Require Some Physical Strength
If you choose a vegetable chopper which is manually operated, it will require you to physically operate it. This assumes you are fit and have the ability to use one.
- Some Can Struggle With Softer Vegetables
Some vegetable choppers have trouble cutting soft vegetables like peppers etc.
- Some Vegetables Need Cutting To A Required Size Before Fitting In The Vegetable Chopper
Some vegetable cutters have a minimum required size for pieces of vegetables. This means you’ll still have to cut the vegetables before you can put them in the chopper.
- Can Be Noisy
Electric vegetable choppers are all going to make some noise, but some are far louder than others.
- Inconsistent Chop Size
Some electric models tend to not chop all vegetables exactly the same size.
- Some Have Limited Functions
Although many vegetable choppers have the appearance of a food processor, some have far more limited functions compared to actual food processors.
Vegetable Chopper Buyers Guide
If you have decided a vegetable chopper is what your kitchen is lacking, and you want to benefit from the many advantages available to the vegetable chopper user. Below are the key things to look for in a vegetable chopper.
Type Of Vegetable Chopper
There are advantages with both types of vegetable choppers, manual and electric.
Manual Vegetable Choppers
It will take more effort to use a manual model as you either have to push or pull the vegetables to facilitate the chop action. As manual models are smaller, they are easier to store when not in use, but if you have any type of upper body mobility issues, they will be more difficult to use than an electric model.
Electric Vegetable Choppers
These often resemble small food processors and come with different options depending on the model you choose. Some have one speed, others have multiple speeds for example. The one thing all electric vegetable choppers have in common is, they rely on an electric power source to operate.
Ease Of Cleaning
All vegetable choppers are relatively easy to clean, but you might wish to choose a model that is dishwasher friendly.
Many vegetable choppers are supplied with extra attachments or blades which can be used for various functions including;
These extra attachments will still need to be cleaned so you might want to check if they are dishwasher friendly.
Type Of Blade
Most vegetable chopper blades are made from stainless steel which is easy to clean and non corrosive. As the blade will come into contact with lots of moisture rich vegetables as well as acidic foods like tomatoes, it’s best to check that the blade is of a quality to deal with these potentially corrosive materials.
Obviously, the blade is the main part of any vegetable chopper and when the chopper is supplied the blade will be extremely sharp. Over time the edge will dull and you will find the vegetables are less well chopped than they originally were. They should last a relatively long time but if you notice the blade isn’t as sharp as it should be, it’s probably time to replace it. Many companies offer replacement parts. It might work out financially better to replace a part rather than buy a whole new appliance.
The amount of vegetables that can be chopped at one time could make the difference between your vegetable chopper being either a convenience or an inconvenience. They tend to range in size between around one cup to one and a half litres.
Vegetable choppers are far safer than using a knife to chop vegetables, however, some models are safer than others. Plus, as with all electrical appliances which include a sharp blade, it’s very important to follow any safety instructions included in the operating manual.
Vegetable Chopper Price
The price of a vegetable chopper can vary significantly from brand to brand. As a rough guide we have found that:
- Manual vegetable choppers – Cost anywhere between around £8 to £35 depending on functions make and model.
- Electric vegetable choppers – Cost anywhere between around £17 to £45 depending on brand, functions, make and model.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can chop carrots in a vegetable chopper but if they are too big, they might need cutting down so they can fit in the chopper.
A vegetable chopper is worth it if you want to be efficient in the kitchen. A vegetable chopper will chop your vegetables into a reasonable size to eat them, and save on wastage too. Which improves your carbon footprint.
Manual vegetable choppers tend to be smaller and easier to store, but they require a lot of physical effort. Which some people find difficult. Whereas electric vegetable choppers tend to be larger and take up more space in the kitchen, but do most of the work for you.