Can You Put Lasagna In An Air Fryer? (read this first)
Lasagna is one of those meals that never fails to satisfy. What’s even more satisfying is how easy lasagna is to make in an air fryer. Added to which it will only take around 30 minutes from start to finish and that includes preparation time.
How To Cook Lasagna In An Air Fryer
This homemade lasagna will impress your guests and satisfy your family.
- 454g (1lb) Minced Beef
- 425g (15 ounces) Ricotta Cheese
- ½ teaspoon of Italian Herbs
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 500g (2 cups) Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 750g (3 cups) marinara Sauce
- 8 Fresh Lasagna Sheets
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 C (400 F)
- Place the mince in an ovenproof dish and air fry for 3 minutes
- Place the mince in a bowl and add 500g (2 cups) of marinara sauce, garlic powder and Italian herbs, and mix
- Pour 250g (1 cup) marinara sauce into the ovenproof dish and spread evenly
- Place 2 lasagna sheets onto the sauce and top with ¼ of the ricotta cheese and ¼ of the minced beef and ¼ of the mozzarella cheese
- Top with 2 more lasagna sheets and top with the rest of the ingredients finishing with the mozzarella cheese
- Cover the ovenproof dish with aluminium foil and air fry for 12 minutes at 180 C (350 F)
- Remove the foil and air fry for a further 5 minutes at 200 C (400 F)
- Remove dish from the air fryer and serve
Air Fried Homemade Lasagna Cooking Tips
- Use the same ovenproof dish you cooked the minced beef in to cook the lasagna, but remove any fat first
- Mozzarella cheese works best but you can use any cheese you prefer
- You can add any herbs or spices of your preference
- It’s best to use fresh lasagna sheets but if you only have dried, soak them in water first to soften them up
- Cooking times are only for guidance because all air fryers are different
How To Cook Frozen Lasagna In An Air Fryer
If you like frozen lasagna and have an air fryer, you’re going to love cooking your frozen lasagna in the air fryer. It’s quick, easy and there’s no mess.
- 1 Frozen Lasagna
- Place the frozen lasagna in the air fryer basket having removed any cling film
- Air fry at 100 C (215 F) for 10 minutes
- Then air fry at 165 C (330 F) for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 75 C (167 F)
Air Fried Frozen Lasagna Cooking Tips
- It’s important to defrost the frozen lasagna before cooking which is why you air fry for 10 minutes at 100 C (215 F)
- All air fryers are different so all times given are only approximate and for guidance purposes only
- We recommend using a meat thermometer to check that a safe internal temperature of at least 75 C has been reached before serving
How To Cook A Chilled Lasagna In An Air Fryer
Sometimes when you don’t feel like cooking, a shop bought chilled lasagna makes an easy meal. You can make that meal even easier by cooking it in the air fryer.
- 1 Shop Bought Chilled lasagna
- Remove all of the packaging and place the lasagna in the air fryer basket
- Air fry at 180 C (350 F) for 18 to 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 75 C (167 F)
Air Fried Chilled lasagna Cooking Tips
- Always ensure the internal temperature reaches at least 75 C (167 F) before serving
- Cooking times are for guidance only
- Take care when handling cooked lasagna as it will be extremely hot
Air Fried Lasagna Serving Suggestions
Lasagna can be served on its own or with;
- Garlic Bread
- Roast Potatoes
How do you serve yours? Let us know in the comments.
What happened to the man who choked on lasagna?
He pasta way! 😂
- Can You Put Dough In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Ham In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Hot Dogs In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cook a ready-made lasagna in an air fryer. Remove all of the packaging and air fry at 180 C (350 F) for 18 to 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 75 C (167 F).
You can cook frozen lasagna in an air fryer. Remove from packaging and air fry at 100 C (215 F) for 10 minutes. Then air fry at 165 C (330 F) for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 75 C (167 F).
Whether it’s better to cook a premade lasagna in an air fryer or microwave depends on personal preference. If you cook the lasagna in a microwave, the top will remain soft and gooey. Cooked in an air fryer however, the top will become crisp.