Can You Put Pasta In An Air Fryer? (read this first)
When we first got our air fryer, we were advised that you cannot cook pasta in the air fryer. However, it turns out that that’s incorrect, you can cook pasta in the air fryer and in several different ways.
These air fryer pasta recipes range from super simple to slightly more involved. But none are too difficult for even a moderately competent cook.
How To Cook Pasta In An Air Fryer
You can boil your pasta using the air fryer. All you need to do is boil a kettle, place the pasta in an ovenproof dish, and air fry. It really is that easy.
- 100g (3 ½ ounces) Pasta
- Boiling water (enough to cover the pasta)
- Place an ovenproof dish in the air fryer basket
- Place the pasta in the dish
- Cover with boiling water
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil
- Air fry at 200 C (400F) for 15 minutes or until soft (check after 10 or 12 minutes)
- Drain the water
Air Fryer Cooked Pasta Cooking Tips
- You can use any type of pasta you prefer
- Ensure the ovenproof dish doesn’t block all of the perforations in the air fryer basket
- Cooking times may vary from air fryer to air fryer
- Take care when removing the dish from the air fryer because it will be extremely hot
How To Make Super Easy Air Fryer Pasta Bake
We’ve called this super easy because it is so simple to make as it only takes a few minutes to prepare and around 20 minutes to cook.
- 200g (7 ounces) Pasta
- 300ml (10 fluid ounces) Pasta Bake Sauce
- 40g (1 ½ ounces) Grated Cheese
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente (around 8 minutes)
- Drain and add the sauce then stir ensuring all of the pasta gets covered in the sauce
- Place the pasta in an ovenproof dish that fits comfortably in your air fryer basket
- Air fry at 160 C (320 F) for 8 minutes
- Spread the cheese over the top of the pasta bake
- Air fry for a further 4 minutes at 200 C (400 F)
- Carefully remove the dish from the air fryer basket and serve
Super Easy Air Fryer Pasta Bake Cooking Tips
- You can use any type of pasta you prefer although spaghetti and linguine are not really suitable
- If you want to add meat to this recipe, add cooked meat when you add the sauce this allows the meat to heat through thoroughly before serving
- You can also add vegetables to this recipe including;
- Courgettes (zucchini)
- Sweet Corn
- Any pasta bake sauce will work for this recipe
- We used cheddar cheese but you can use any hard cheese
- You can reduce the cooking time by using fresh pasta but that will increase the overall cost of the meal
How To Cook Pasta Bake In An Air Fryer
This is a variation on the super easy pasta bake recipe. The main difference is you start with uncooked pasta.
- 150g (5 ounces) Pasta
- 300g (10 ounces) Pasta Sauce
- 60g ( ½ cup) Grated Cheese
- ½ tablespoon of Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoons of Chilli Flakes
- 3 teaspoons of minced Garlic
- 250g (2 ½) cups of Water
- 1 sliced Bell Pepper
- 150g (5 ounces) of Mushrooms
- Place all of the ingredients apart from the cheese into an ovenproof dish that will fit into your air fryer basket
- Cover the dish with foil
- Air fry at 180 C (350 F) for 45 minutes
- Remove the foil and stir, if the pasta feels dry add 2 or 3 tablespoons of water and stir
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and air fry for another 3 or 4 minutes at 200 C (400 F)
Air Fried Pasta Bake Cooking Tips
- You can use any pasta that you prefer
- Cooking times are only for guidance because all air fryers are different
- You can use any herbs or spices
- Ensure the foil is secured to the top of the dish to prevent any accidents
- Make sure the dish is oven proof and fits comfortably in the air fryer basket
- Ensure the pasta is fully submerged in the liquid before cooking
How To Make Macaroni Cheese In An Air Fryer
This is another example of cooking dried pasta in an air fryer without boiling it first.
- 225g (8 ounces) Elbow Pasta
- 225g (8 ounces) Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 100g (1 cup) Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 475 ml (2 cups) Milk
- 236ml (1 cup) Chicken Stock
- 4 tablespoons of Butter
- 4 tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Mustard Powder
- Rinse the pasta under a hot tap for around 2 minutes, then drain
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 C (400 F)
- Place the milk, chicken stock, cream cheese and butter in a large container and microwave until the cream cheese and butter melts
- Mix all of the ingredients into an ovenproof dish
- Cover with foil and make sure the foil is secure
- Air fry for 35 minutes at 200 C (400 F)
- Remove the foil and check if the pasta is cooked, if not air fry for a further 5 to 10 minutes
Air Fryer Macaroni Cheese Cooking Tips
- Air fryers vary which means all cooking times are for guidance purposes only
- Top with grated nutmeg
- Take care as the dish will be extremely hot when it’s finished cooking
- You can use any pasta you prefer although long spaghetti and linguine don’t work too well
- Ensure all of the pasta is fully submerged before cooking
Where did the spaghetti go to dance?
The meat ball! 😂
- Can You Put Frozen Egg Rolls In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put English Muffins & Crumpets In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Aubergine (Eggplant) In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cook dry pasta in an air fryer. The secret is to ensure it is fully immersed in the liquid you’re using to cook it in. Cover the ovenproof dish with foil before cooking.
You can cook macaroni cheese in an air fryer. Use your regular recipe ingredients and place them in an ovenproof dish, cover the dish with foil and air fry at 200 C (400 F) for around 30 to 40 minutes.
You can boil pasta in an air fryer as long as you use an ovenproof dish. Place the pasta in the dish and cover with boiling water. Then cover the dish with foil and air fry at 200 C (400 F) for 15 minutes or until soft.