Can You Put Waffles In An Air Fryer? (read this first)
Waffles are a great way to start your day. Those delightful packets of tasty fluffiness covered in butter and maple syrup really set you up right to face whatever the day brings.
Did you know you can make homemade waffles in an air fryer? Well you can and they’re so simple to make. We’re sure air fried homemade waffles will be your favourite once you’ve tried them.
How To Make Homemade Waffles In An Air Fryer
Before you start you’ll need to get hold of an air fryer silicone waffle maker mould
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDED】You will get 1x 4-cavities rectangular waffle mould, 1x 5-cavities heart waffle mould, 1x 18-cavities mini round waffle mould, 1x 20-cavities mini rectangular waffle mould.
- 【WAFFLE MOULD SIZE】Rectangular waffle mould: 28x18.4x1.5 cm / 11x7.2x0.6 in; Heart waffle mould: 17.5x1.5 cm / 6.9x0.6 in; Mini round waffle mould: 28.6x16.8x1.1 cm / 11.2x6.6x0.4 in; Mini rectangular waffle mould: 29x17x1 cm / 11.4x6.7x0.4 in.
These moulds are made from food grade silicone and are non-stick, non-toxic, dishwasher safe and easy to use.
- Pancake Mix
- Make up the pancake mix according to the instructions on the packet
- Ensure the mixture is runny enough to pour but not too runny
- Lightly oil the silicone waffle maker mould
- Pour the batter into the mould
- Place the mould into the air fryer basket
- Air fry at 165 C (330 F) for 5 minutes
- Check the waffles, if they’re not completely done, cook for a further minute or 2
- Gently tip the waffles from the mould
Air Fried Homemade Waffles Cooking Tips
- All air fryers are different which means cooking times will vary
- You can use any pancake mix or make your own if you prefer
- Take care when handling the moulds after cooking as they will be hot
Air Fried Homemade Waffles Serving Suggestions
You can serve these waffles with any of your favourite toppings including;
- Maple Syrup
- Clotted Cream
- Mixed Summer Berries
- Apple Pie Filling
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Bacon & Eggs
- Scrambled Eggs
- Butter & Jam
Can You Cook Frozen Waffles In An Air Fryer?
You can cook frozen waffles in an air fryer and the great news is, they will only take around 5 minutes and cook perfectly every time.
- 2 Frozen Waffles
- Place the frozen waffles in the air fryer basket and air fry at 180 C (350 F) for 3 minutes
- Turn the waffles and air fry for a further 2 minutes
Air Fried Frozen Waffles Cooking Tips
- If you’re cooking frozen waffles in batches, the second and subsequent batches will need slightly less cooking time
- You may need to adjust cooking times depending on the make and model air fryer you own
- This works for all frozen waffles including Eggos
- There’s no need to use any oil
Can You Cook Frozen Potato Waffles In An Air Fryer?
You can cook frozen potato waffles in an air fryer and they’re just as easy to cook as Eggo type frozen waffles.
- 4 frozen Potato Waffles
- Place the frozen potato waffles in the air fryer basket ensuring there is a gap around each one
- Air fry for 4 minutes at 180 C (350 F)
- Turn the waffles
- Cook for a further 4 minutes
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Waffles Cooking Tips
- Cooking times are for guidance only because all air fryers are different
- As with regular frozen waffles, if you’re batch cooking, the second and subsequent batches will take slightly less cooking time
- Serve as soon as cooked to prevent the potato waffles from cooling down
How do you make a waffle smile?
You butter him up! 😂
- Can You Put Frozen Egg Rolls In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put English Muffins & Crumpets In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Aubergine (Eggplant) In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
Waffles definitely work in an air fryer. Frozen waffles require no oil and will be cooked in around 5 minutes in an air fryer at 200 C (400 F).
You can cook frozen potato waffles in an air fryer. They will take around 8 minutes at 180 C (350 F).
You can reheat waffles in an air fryer. Just air fry at 190 C (375 F) for around 2 to 3 minutes.
You can make homemade waffles in an air fryer as long as you have a silicone waffle maker mould. Just pour the batter into the mould and air fry at 165 C (330 F) for 5 minutes.