Best Cordless Pressure Washers
Pressure washers are a quick and effective way of cleaning many surfaces. From patios to gutters, bricks, concrete, wooden decking, in fact, most things can be cleaned using a pressure washer. There are some situations where it’s hard to use a pressure washer because of no power supply or the pressure washer is too bulky or heavy to take with you.
Best Selling Cordless Pressure Washers UK
- 【High Pressure Washer】Our cordless pressure washer with 174PSI working pressure and a flow rate of 2.8-3L/min. This high-pressure portable power washer is powerful enough and meet your needs for washing cars, cleaning and maintenance of all kinds of motor vehicles, engineering vehicles, engineering machinery and agricultural machinery supporting products,watering flowers and cleaning floors in minutes;
- 【(0°-180° )adjustable nozzle】0-180 degrees can be adjusted freely. A smaller angle has stronger cleaning power, and a larger angle has a wider cleaning range. The 0° nozzle has strong pressure. Very suitable for cleaning tyre, dirt, and stubborn mud stains.The spraying angle of 180° is large, used for washing vegetables and watering flowers.
- ✔️✔️【652PSI Powerful Cordless Pressure Washer】The portable pressure washer features a robust 652 PSI brushless motor, delivering powerful pressure for cleaning dirty floors, washing cars, and more. This cordless pressure washer provides a flow rate of up to 420L/H, allowing you to effortlessly and quickly clean all outdoor spaces and equipment.
- ✔️✔️【Wireless Convenience】1) For portable water sources like a bucket or swimming pool, simply place the hose with a filter basket into the water to start pumping. 2) For bottled water, screw the bottle onto the pressure washer's inlet for wireless water supply. This battery-powered jet washer offers two water sourcing options, and we provide a 5-meter long hose for your convenience, whether you're at home or outdoors.
- ✅ 【652PSI Powerful Cordless Pressure Washer】The portable pressure washer with a robust 652 PSI brushless motor, providing a water flow of up to 360L/H. Say goodbye to inadequate pressure that impedes your cleaning progress! This cordless pressure allows you to easily and quickly clean all outdoor spaces and equipment.
- ✅【Take Water Anywhere】This battery jet wash offers three water intake methods. Whether you are at home or outdoors, we provide a 5-meter hose for: 1) Portable buckets or pools – just place the hose with the filter basket into the water to start pumping; 2) Bottled water – screw the bottle onto the pressure washer’s inlet for a wireless water supply; 3) Domestic taps – we include a home faucet connector, so you can easily connect and use running water.
- 【High Powered Motor】The portable pressure washer max 430 PSI water pressure, and the flow rate is 4L/Min.Powerful enough for efficient and fast cleaning.It also has a temperature protection function with automatic shutdown for over temperature and overload, which can eliminate safety hazards.
- 【Can Switch Water Type】Our cordless pressure washer can switch water type at will, by changing nozzles, water flow can be gradually adjusted from small to large, 3 Water types adjustable. as well as foam spray cans to meet your different needs.
- Versatile Water Source - The Worx HydroShot draws water from any source, giving you the flexibility to clean anywhere there is water. Whether you're using a bucket, lake, or pool, this portable power washer allows you to clean effortlessly and efficiently. Its cordless design further enhances its portability, making it the perfect tool for all your outdoor cleaning needs.
- High Pressure Cleaning - The Worx HydroShot is designed to provide double cleaning efficiency with a maximum pressure of 24 bar, which is up to 10 times the pressure of a normal hose. This powerful pressure allows you to clean anything from bikes to patio furniture with ease, making it an essential tool for your home cleaning tasks.
Why Go Cordless?
Pressure washer manufacturers came up with a solution to this with the portable pressure washer. But they needed a power source to run and this was usually a plug that connected to the cigarette lighter socket in a car. Now there are cordless pressure washers that use a rechargeable battery.
This gives you the absolute freedom to use them anywhere with no restrictive cables and they can be supplied with water from a bucket or container. No restrictions from power cords or hoses connected to taps means total portability and the ability to pressure wash:
- Mountain bikes
- Off-road vehicles
- Remote properties not connected to utilities
- Cleaning walking boots
- Cleaning outdoor furniture
- Children’s toys
- And many other places with no electricity or water.
How Do Cordless Pressure Washers Work?
Cordless pressure washers work in the same way as corded pressure washers only using a rechargeable battery instead of a direct electric current. Many have onboard water tanks, making them completely portable and not reliant on any external hoses or cables. The water passes through an internal pump that increases the pressure of the water to enable easy cleaning.
Effectively, a cordless pressure washer provides most of the advantages of an electric pressure washer with the portability of a petrol-powered model. They do lack power, unfortunately, but the extra freedom and portability make up for the lower power.
What Are The Benefits Of A Cordless Pressure Washer
The advantages of a cordless pressure washer outweigh the disadvantages in most cases. The benefits are:
- No annoying cord
The power cord on an electric-powered pressure washer can be restricting and in the wrong circumstances dangerous. Cordless models remove the danger and the restriction giving you the freedom to move without hindrance and the ability to clean almost anywhere.
Easy to carry and small enough to fit into the boot of a car with no problem.
Compared to a corded model, cordless pressure washers are lightweight and easier to move around.
- Ability to use water from nearly any source
Rather than just relying on a garden hose for water, cordless models are capable of using buckets, water butts, containers, wells, anywhere the suction hose can fit into basically.
- Convenient to use
As there’s no power cord to plug in, a cordless power washer is so simple to set up and use. You’ll be getting it out just as often as you can, just for the fun of it.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Cordless Pressure Washers?
As cordless pressure washers are a fairly new innovation, there are a few disadvantages, they are:
This will change as more companies introduce their own cordless models, but currently, cordless pressure washers are as expensive or dearer than electric-powered pressure washers.
- Short battery life
On a full charge you can just about squeeze 20-minutes of run time on high-power from the Li-Ion battery. Which takes an average of 5-hours to reach full charge.
The top Pound per Square inch (PSi) for a cordless pressure washer is around 800 PSi. Whereas, electric-powered models start at around 1400 PSi, and rise to around 2000 PSi. So you can expect half to one third the power from a cordless compared to a corded model.
- Lower flow rate
The low power means the flow rate is lower too. On decent cordless models, the flow rate is around 0.79 Gallons Per Minute (GPM). Electric-powered models tend to start at around 1 GPM and rise to around 2.5/3.0 GPM. The higher the flow rate the faster it will clean.
Cordless Pressure Washer Buyers Guide
Before buying a cordless pressure washer here are a few points to consider.
Before you make your purchase, check exactly what you are getting, as it seems to be quite common to not get everything you’ll need straight out of the box. Some models supply a battery pack but no high-pressure hose, others vice versa and some have no tools etc while others have everything you’ll ever need and more.
This will either be quoted in bars or PSi. Bars measure the rate of energy the water will hit the object you are cleaning. 1 bar is equivalent to 14.4 PSi. PSi is Pounds per square inch of energy hitting the object you’re cleaning. So they measure the same thing only they express it in a different way. The higher the pressure rating, the more cleaning power you will have.
The flow rate is measured in Gallons Per Hour (GPH) or Litres Per Minute (LPM) This is how much water flows through the pressure washer per time frame, either per hour or per minute. If you’re planning on using multi-nozzles you’ll need a flow rate of at least 13 LPM (171 GPH).
Onboard Water Tank
Some cordless models have an onboard water tank. This is handy as you don’t have to endure the constraints of dragging a supply hose around with you. But onboard water storage will increase the overall weight of your machine. Each litre of water weighs 1 Kg So be sure to factor that extra weight into any weight considerations.
For instance, a cordless pressure washer might only weigh 7 Kg when empty but if it has a 20-litre tank, that’s almost 4 times the weight full to empty. They often come on wheels but the weight can be a problem for the elderly or infirm.
Water Tank Size
The size of the onboard water tank can vary, consider how much water the average cleaning job requires, then see if the tank has the capacity. If not you will have to stop and refill the tank before continuing with the job.
Some models seem to have been designed by very practical people, everything has a place, and all of the accessories can be stored onboard etc. Others are a struggle as soon as you get them out of the box.
Look for a model that looks like it can take a bit of misuse. I don’t mean neglect your pressure washer, but some models are sturdier than others and can take a few accidental knocks.
Some cordless models come with fitted wheels, these can be very handy especially if the water tank is full. It saves struggling to carry 27 Kg of weight, just wheel it into position and start cleaning. Also how large are the wheels? Are they robust enough?
Brushes, wands, gutter cleaners, etc, some models come supplied with these as standard, in others they are extras. Do your research before you buy to be sure to get the attachments you need.
Battery Charge Time
How long does the battery pack take to fully charge? How long will that charge last? Does the pressure washer come with a spare battery pack? Or can you buy a spare for convenience?
Does the pressure washer have pressure settings? If so, how many?
How long is the high-pressure water hose? We find the longer the better, but that’s our preference. Some people like the hose shorter so they cannot trip on it.
How Many Spray Patterns
The spray gun should have at least 3 spray patterns. Some include a shower pattern that is safe enough to use on pets.
The nozzles determine the spray pattern, so you’ll either have a spray gun with a swivel action to change spray angle or interchangeable nozzles. Check that the model you choose has all that you need.
Some cordless pressure washers have a suction hose allowing you to draw water from buckets, water butts, wells etc. Some need to be filled manually.
Does it have a water filter so any foreign bodies in the water from a water butt etc don’t clog the jets up on the spray head?
What’s The Working Time?
This is really how long does the battery keep its charge in full use? Some of the better models last up to 60 minutes.
How compact does the pressure washer become when storing? Some models have onboard tool holders etc.
How Easy Is It To Set Up
Some models are simple to set up and operate, others need an engineer to explain it in detail. Check that you understand how to set yours up before starting.
There are 2 types of cordless pressure washers, one has a rechargeable battery, and the other is hand primed and works simply on air pressure. The hand primed models have less power, less water capacity and less cleaning power.
Just like their electric counterparts, cordless pressure washers can have detergent bottle attachments. Some have built-in detergent bottles, Check that the model of your choice has the type you prefer.
How Much The Cordless Pressure Washer Costs
As this technology is improving at an exponential rate, new cordless models become available almost every week. So the cost can vary greatly.
- The hand primed model is around £20
- Handheld multi-jet cordless are around £90
- A compact model is around £80
- Top of the range models top out at around £250
Buying a well-known brand from an established manufacturer is always favourable. Because their machines are usually more reliable and in the unlikely event of it developing a fault, they will have a decent customer service department to offer good advice or honour any warranty agreement.
Most appliances come with a manufacturers guarantee and guarantees for cordless pressure washers tend to be for a minimum of 12 months and up to a maximum of 3 years. Some have the option of extending them beyond their stated time. Any warranty is only as good as the company that issues it. Which is why we always recommend using a reputable retailer and buying from a well-known brand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cordless pressure washers are not as powerful as corded pressure washers but as there is no cable, and often no hose, they are able to operate in many places that corded models can’t.
A good size pressure washer for home use has a PSi of between 2000 to 2800 PSi, and a flow rate of 2 to 3 GPM.
You can buy cordless pressure washers in the UK at Toolstation, John Lewis, Homebase, Robert Dyas, Amazon, Screwfix, Argos, and many other reputable retailers.
The well-known brands that make cordless pressure washers include Ryobi, Dewalt, Karcher, Makita, Spear&Jackson, Bosch, Greenworks, Worx and many more.