Can You Put Corn Dogs In An Air Fryer? (read this first)
Corn dogs are an American invention that are often found on sale at carnivals and fairs. They have been available for home cooking in the US for many years but are a relative newcomer to British supermarkets and frozen food stores.
Corn dogs take around 18 to 20 minutes to cook in a conventional oven.
Can You Cook Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer?
The good news is that you can cook corn dogs in an air fryer and they take around half the cooking time as they would in a conventional oven.
To enjoy the crunchy coating and the soft spicy sausage all you need to do is follow these simple instructions.
- Frozen corn dogs
- Take your box of corn dogs out of the freezer (cook from frozen).
- Place the corn dogs in the air fryer basket in a single layer ensuring there is a little gap between each corn dog (you might need to cut the skewers down slightly to fit them into the basket).
- Air fry at 187 C (370 F) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn at the halfway point
- They are done when the outside is crispy to the touch.
Can You Cook Mini Corn Dogs In An Air Fryer?
You can cook mini corn dogs in an air fryer and they take even less time to cook. All you need to do is follow these easy instructions;
- Frozen mini corn dogs
- Place the frozen mini corn dogs in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring there is space between each one.
- Air fry at 187 C (370 F) for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn the mini corn dogs over and air fry for a further 2 to 4 minutes.
- They are done when the outside is crispy to the touch.
Air Fryer Timings
Please note all air fryers are different so timings are only approximate and you should test the internal temperature of the corn dogs using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the corn dog needs to be at least 74 C (165 F) to be considered safe to eat.
If you’re using a toaster oven-style air fryer you’ll probably need to add a couple of minutes to the overall cooking time. This is because the air fryer has to heat a larger area than a smaller basket type air fryer.
Regular corn dogs take around the same time whichever brand you purchase, but mini corn dogs can vary somewhat. Which means you’ll have to keep a watch on the mini corn dogs and keep checking that internal temperature.
Whether you are cooking corn dogs or mini corn dogs, always ensure they are cooked in a single layer and that there is a gap around each one.
How To Keep You Air Fryer Clean When Cooking Corn Dogs
The air fryer is a great 21st century innovation and since we first got ours it’s in constant use. Cooking food in an air fryer means faster cooking times and a far smaller area to clean up after the meal is over.
However, we have found a useful little hack for keeping the air fryer clean even when cooking food. Keep reading to find out what helps to keep the air fryer clean when it’s in use.
Silicone Liners For The Air Fryer
- Food-Grade Silicone Material: Silicone Air Fryer Liners are non-toxic, and have no fluorescence 100% Healthy. They are non-stick, waterproof, and oil-proof. They can withstand temperatures up to 428 degrees Fahrenheit and have no effect on the taste of food.
Made from food grade silicone, these air fryer liners come in several shapes and sizes to fit most air fryers. They are waterproof, grease proof, non-stick and dishwasher safe.
They work by preventing any fat or grease that comes out of the food during the cooking process from leaking onto the surfaces of the air fryer.
They can be used over and over again which makes them an environmentally friendly product.
Disposable Liners For The Air Fryer
- [Disposable Air Fryer Liners for NINJA FOODIE DUAL]- These Parchment Liners are also compatible with Major brand Ninja AF300UK AF400UK, Tower T17088 Vortex, EMtronics, Tower Instant Vortex fryer, Salter, Daewoo and other Dual air fryers.
These liners are similar in shape and design to the silicone liners but these are made from reinforced baking (parchment) paper. There are several shapes and sizes available to fit many air fryers.
They are grease proof, waterproof, non-stick and can withstand temperatures up to 220 C (428 F).
All of the grease or fat created during the cooking of your food will collect in the liner which can be thrown away with your general waste (some councils accept them in the recycling) or composted.
- PROWRAP PARCHMENT PAPER—Contains roll of 300mm x 50m.
Baking (parchment) paper is something most cooks have already in their kitchen cupboards. It can be used to line the air fryer’s basket to help prevent grease and other substances from leaking all over the air fryer.
You will need to cut it to shape and always remember to leave some of the perforations in the air fryer basket exposed as they are a vital part of the cooking process.
You also need to ensure that baking paper is pinned down. This is because it is light and can be blown around by the air fryer’s powerful fan. This could lead to the baking paper touching the heating element and causing a fire.
If you decide to use baking paper in your air fryer, place it in the basket after any preheating has occurred. Then place the food on the paper, the weight of the food will prevent the baking paper from flying off towards the element.
- Can You Put Breaded Chicken In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Broccoli In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Bread In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Battered Fish In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cook frozen corn dogs in an air fryer. Place the frozen corn dogs in a single layer in the air fryer basket ensuring there is space around each one. Then air fry at 187 C (370 F) for 8 to 10 minutes turning them over at the halfway point. They are done when the outside is crispy and the internal temperature has reached 74 C (165 F).
Corn dogs are safe when cooked in the air fryer as long as the internal temperature achieves 74 C (165 F).
You can put frozen food in an air fryer and it cooks faster than if it was cooked in a conventional oven.
Depending on the make and model air fryer you have, it will take around 8 to 10 minutes at 187 C (370 F) to cook frozen corn dogs in an air fryer.
There’s no need to defrost your corn dogs, they can be cooked in an air fryer from frozen. They will take around 8 to 10 minutes at 187 C (370 F) and you’ll need to turn them at the halfway point.