Can You Put Dinner Rolls In An Air Fryer? (read this first)
The air fryer is our “go to” kitchen appliance and can be used for cooking many different types of food including dinner rolls. As the air fryer uses far less power than a conventional oven, it makes sense to cook dinner rolls in the air fryer.
Cooking dinner rolls in the air fryer also frees up the larger oven for cooking full sized roast dinners etc. This particular recipe takes less than 20 minutes cooking time to produce perfect dinner rolls every time.
How To Make Air Fryer Dinner Rolls
This recipe calls for more ingredients than a regular bread mix.
- 281g (2 ¼ cups) of Strong Bread Flour
- 2 tablespoons (1 packet) of Instant Yeast
- 3 tablespoons of Sugar
- 120ml (½ cup) of Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 60ml (¼ cup) Warm Water
- 55g (4 tablespoons) of Unsalted Butter
- Pour the warm water, yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar into a small cup and stir, leave for 10 minutes for the yeast to activate
- Place the flour, salt and the rest of the sugar into a large mixing bowl and mix
- Add the yeast mixture, milk and 3 tablespoons of butter and mix
- Knead the dough for around 10 minutes or until smooth
- Place the dough in a bowl sprayed with olive oil and cover with a tea towel and allow to rise for around 1 hour
- Line the air fryer basket with baking (parchment) paper
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 fairly equal pieces
- Roll each piece into a roll shaped ball and place them into the air fryer basket
- Let the rolls rise for around 50 minutes
- Set the air fryer to 150 C (300 F)
- Air fry for 15 minutes or until the rolls are cooked
- Remove from the air fryer basket and allow to cool
Air Fryer Dinner Rolls Cooking Tips
- You can substitute plain flour for strong bread flour
- This can be made in a stand mixer using the dough hook, knead for 8 minutes
- Do not turn on the air fryer until the rolls have risen in the air fryer basket by at least 50%
- All air fryers are different so you might need to adjust the cooking time slightly
- Don’t preheat the air fryer before baking
How To Cook Part Baked Dinner Rolls In An Air Fryer
Cooking part baked rolls in the air fryer is so quick and easy.
- 4 Part Baked Rolls
- Place the part baked rolls in the air fryer basket in a single layer ensuring there is a gap around each roll
- Air fry at 200 C (400 F) for 5 minutes
- Remove the rolls from the basket
Air Fryer Part Baked Rolls Cooking Tips
- You can also cook larger part baked baguettes by simply breaking them in half to fit in the basket
- All air fryers are different, you might need to adjust cooking times accordingly
How To Cook Frozen Part Baked Rolls In An Air Fryer
These part baked frozen rolls are handy to keep in the freezer as they can be cooked at a moment’s notice as part of a meal or for a snack.
- 4 frozen Part Baked Rolls
- Preheat the air fryer to 180 C (350 F)
- Place the frozen rolls in the air fryer basket
- Ensure there is a gap around each roll
- Air fry for 5 minutes at 180 C (350 F)
- Check that the rolls are cooked
Air Fryer Frozen Part Baked Rolls Cooking Tips
- You can use any brand of frozen part baked rolls
- Air fryers are all different which means you might need to adjust cooking times slightly
How do you spot a radical baker?
They’re always going against the grain!
- Can You Put Gammon In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Gammon Steaks In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Liver In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Kebabs In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Lamb Chops In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
You do not need to thaw frozen dinner rolls before cooking in the air fryer. Take them directly from the freezer and place them in the air fryer basket.
You can heat up dinner rolls in an air fryer to restore their crispness and warm them through without drying them out. Simply place them in the air fryer basket and air fry at 180 C (350 F) for 2 to 3 minutes.
You can air fry frozen dinner rolls at 180 C (350 F) for 5 minutes.
It will take around 5 minutes at 200 C (400 F) to cook part baked rolls in an air fryer.