Can You Put Quiche In An Air Fryer? (read this first)
A classic quiche is a great choice for a lazy lunch or light evening meal. Cooking the quiche in the air fryer is an even easier way to make this classic dish.
There are many variations of this classic recipe but we’re sticking with the traditional egg, bacon and cheese version.
How To Make A Quiche In An Air Fryer
You can either make your own pie crust or do as we have and use a premade pie crust.
- 1 Pie Crust
- 4 Large Eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) of Whipping Cream
- 60g (½ cup) of Chopped Cooked Bacon
- 250 g (1 cup) of Grated Cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 180 C (350 F)
- Roll out the pastry and fit into a 9 inch (21cm) pie tin
- Make sure the pastry fits snugly into the corners and edges of the pie tin
- Cook in the air fryer at 180 C (350 F) for 5 minutes
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add the cream and whisk
- Add the grated cheese and stir in
- Put the cooked bacon into the pie crust
- Cover with the egg, cheese and cream mixture
- Cover the pie tin with aluminium foil making sure the edges are secured and will not be lifted off by the air fryer’s fan
- Air fry at 200 C (400 F) for 20 to 25 minutes
- Remove the foil and add some more grated cheese
- Air fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until all of the cheese has melted
- Allow to cool
Air Fryer Quiche Cooking Tips
- Always pre bake the pie crust before adding the rest of the ingredients
- Ensure eggs, cream and cheese are at room temperature before mixing to prevent clumping
- You could make your own pie crust using your favourite recipe
- You can substitute milk for whipping cream if you prefer
- Timings are approximate and depend on the make and model air fryer you own
Alternative Quiche Fillings
We prefer this crispy bacon quiche but other fillings can be used including;
- Tomato & Mozzarella
- Goat Cheese & Onion
- Spinach & Cheese
- Bacon & Mushroom
- Smoked Salmon
- Cheese & Broccoli
- Sweet Potato & Caramelised Onion
- Bacon & Leek
Do you have a favourite that we haven’t mentioned? Let us know in the comments below.
Can you heat up a shop bought quiche in an air fryer?
Heating a shop bought quiche in the air fryer will take less time than using a conventional oven.
- 1 Shop Bought Quiche
- Preheat the air fryer to 150 C (300 F)
- Place the quiche in the air fryer basket
- Air fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through
Can You Cook A Frozen Quiche In An Air Fryer?
We always keep a couple of frozen quiches in the freezer for emergencies.
- 1 Frozen Quiche
- Place the frozen quiche in the air fryer basket
- Air fry at 180 C (350 F) for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot all through (with an internal temperature of at least 75 C (167 F)
Cooking A Frozen Mini Quiche In An Air Fryer
- 1 Frozen Mini Quiche
- Place the frozen mini quiche in the air fryer basket
- Air fry at 160 C (325 F) for 8 to 10 minutes or until hot all through (with an internal temperature of at least 75 C (167 F)
Air Fryer Frozen Quiche Cooking Tips
- Cooking times will vary depending on the make and model air fryer you own
- You should always check that the internal temperature of the quiche has reached at least 75 C (167 F) before serving
How do you know if someone loves their air fryer?
Trust me, they’ll tell you! 😂
- Can You Put Grilled Cheese In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Goose Fat Roast Potatoes In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Garlic Bread In An Air Fryer?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cook a shop bought quiche in an air fryer. Just air fry for 5 to 7 minutes at 150 C (300 F).
To cook a frozen quiche in an air fryer all you need to do is; Place the frozen quiche in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 to 20 minutes at 180 C (350 F). Check that the internal temperature of the quiche has reached at least 75 C (167 F) using a meat thermometer and serve.
You don’t have to cook a shop bought quiche, it can be eaten cold. However, they often taste better if reheated and allowed to cool before serving.